National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)
State Level National Talent Search Examination (Stage-1) 2019-20 for Class 10th Students
National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) started in the year 1963. The purpose of the scheme is to identify talented students and nurture them. National Talent Search Scheme is for students studying in Class X.
1. Scholarships: On the basis of National Talent Search Examination, 2000 scholarships will be awarded. The amount of scholarship will be as under:
2. Reservation: As per reservation policy of UT Chandigarh.
3. Selection: There will be two-stage selection process for award of scholarship. For Stage–I selection is done by State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Sector 32, UT Chandigarh through a written examination. Selected students of Stage-I will be recommended to appear for Stage-II examination conducted by NCERT.
4. Important Dates: Dates for submission of Application Form and conduct of examination are given below:
|Important Dates: Dates for submission of Application Form and conduct of examination are given below:|
|Last Date for submission of Application Form Stage-1 at SCERT, Sector 32,UT Chandigarh||Date of Examination for Stage-1of UT Chandigarh|
|5th September, 2019||3rd November, 2019 (Sunday)|
5. Eligibility to appear in the examination:
6. Examination: The pattern of written examination will be as follows:
|Paper||Marks||No.of Question||Duration(in minutes)|
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||100||120|
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
(Science - 40 questions, Social Science - 40 questions, Mathematics - 20 questions)
7. Merit List: The minimum qualifying marks in each paper will be 40% for general category and 32 % for reserved category students of SC and PH.
8. Selection for Stage-2: Twenty selected students from Stage-1 examination will be forwarded for stage-2 examination to be conducted by NCERT, New Delhi. Number of selected students may vary as per time to time directions issued by NCERT. The division of selected students in different categories will be done according to reservation policy of UT Chandigarh.
9. Application Form: Application Forms can be collected from the office of Director, State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Sector 32, UT Chandigarh or can be downloaded from the website of SCERT, UT Chandigarh i.e. www://siechd.nic.in. All correspondence relating to application form and other details should be addressed to the State Liaison Officer – Mr. Vijay Sharma Ph: 0172-2676011 (O)
10. The completed application form duly signed by the Principal of the school should be submitted to the Director, SCERT before the last date i.e. 5th September 2019.
11. Announcement of Results: Result of the State Level NTSE (Stage-1) will be announced by SCERT in the month of January 2020.