State Level National Talent Search Examination for Class 10th Students
National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) started in the year 1963. The purpose of the scheme is to identify talented students and nurture them. National Talent Search Scheme is for students studying in Class X.
- Scholarships: On the basis of National Talent Search Examination, 2000 scholarships will be awarded. The amount of scholarship will be as under:
- Scholarship of Rs. 1250/- per month for Class –XI to XII.
- Scholarship of Rs. 2000/- per month for Undergraduates and Post-graduates.
- Amount of Scholarship for Ph.D. be fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
- Reservation: As per reservation policy of UT Chandigarh.
- Selection: There will be two-stage selection process for award of scholarship. For Stage–I selection is done by State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Sector 32, UT Chandigarh through a written examination. Selected students of Stage-I will be recommended to appear for Stage-II examination conducted by NCERT.
- Important Dates: Dates for submission of Application Form and conduct of examination are given below:
Last Date for submission of Application Form Stage-1 at SCERT, Sector 32,UT Chandigarh - 5th September 2019
Date of Examination for Stage-1of UT Chandigarh - 3rd November 2019
Eligibility to appear in the examination:
- Scored grade B2 and above or 61% and above marks in Class IX examination (in the academic session 2018-19) and has been promoted to class X (in the academic session 2019-20). 5% relaxation in marks for students in SC and PH Category.
- Students registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) will also be eligible for scholarship, provided the student is below the age of 18 years (as on 1st July of the particular year), the student is not employed and she/he is appearing in class X examination for the first time.
- Examination: The pattern of written examination will be as follows:
Paper Marks No. of Questions Duration(in minutes)
Mental Ability Test (MAT) 100 100 120
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) 100 100 120
(Science - 40 questions, Social Science - 40 questions,
- Merit List: The minimum qualifying marks in each paper will be 40% for general category and 32 % for reserved category students of SC and PH.
- Selection for Stage-2: Twenty selected students from Stage-1 examination will be forwarded for stage-2 examination to be conducted by NCERT, New Delhi. Number of selected students may vary as per time to time directions issued by NCERT. The division of selected students in different categories will be done according to reservation policy of UT Chandigarh.
- Application Form: Application Forms can be downloaded from the website of SCERT, UT Chandigarh i.e. www://siechd.nic.in. or can be collected from the office of Director, State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Sector 32-C, UT Chandigarh. All correspondence relating to application form and other details should be addressed to the State Liaison Officer – Mr. Vijay Kumar Sharma Ph: 0172-2676011 (O)
- The completed application form duly signed by the Principal of the school should be submitted to the Director, SCERT before the last date i.e. 5th September, 2019.
- Announcement of Results: Result of the State Level NTSE (Stage-1) will be announced by SCERT in the Month of January, 2020.