National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) Examination 2019-20
National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) Examination 2019-20 for class 8th Students
Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of India has launched a centrally sponsored National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS). Under this scheme scholarship will be awarded to 1,00,000 students (at National level) selected at the end of class VIII. The scholarship will start from Class IX and would continue till Class XII at the rate of Rs 12000/- per annum. The objective of the scheme is to award scholarship to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at Class VIII and to encourage them to continue their studies till Class XII.
The students for the award of this scholarship will be selected through the State Level Test conducted by State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), UT Chandigarh for the class VIII students.
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form in SCERT, Sector-32, UT Chandigarh||5th September,2019|
|Date of Examination for UT Chandigarh||3rd November,2019 (Sunday|
5. Eligibility to appear in the examination
6. Examination: The State Level test will consist of two papers i.e. Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). Each paper will have 90 questions and carry one mark. SAT paper will include Science, Social Sciences and Mathematics of classes VII and VIII level
7. Merit List: The students must pass both the papers i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40% marks in aggregate taken together for these two papers. For the SC/ST students, this cut off will be 32% marks.
8. State Quota: Union Territory Chandigarh has been allotted a quota of 85 seats for scholarship. The division of seats will be done according to reservation policy of UT Chandigarh.
9. Application Form: Application Forms can be downloaded from the website of SCERT, Sector-32, Chandigarh i.e. http://siechd.nic.in or collected from the office of Director, SCERT, Sector 32, Chandigarh. All correspondence relating to application form and other details should be addressed to the State Liaison Officer – Mr. Vijay Sharma Ph.No: 0172-2676011(O).